Meet the Teammore Marc Morehouse storiesmore Mike Hlas storiesmore Cyclone Country storiesmore Preps Etc. storiesmore Inside Track storiesmore Community Corner storiesMost Popular
Find a jobScott Dochterman, The GazetteMay 20, 2014 | 4:04 pm
- Man faces murder charge in grocery store parking lot stabbing
- The Big Finish: Four undeniables coming out of Iowa spring football
- Cedar County historians say ‘Little House’ worth saving
- Dismissing, pleading down school bus violations double since Kadyn's Law
- Construction boom continues beyond flood projects
The New England Patriots have released former Iowa linebacker James Morris, the team announced on its website Tuesday afternoon.
Morris, a Solon native, agreed to terms with the Patriots shortly after the NFL draft on May 10. He officially signed with the team on May 16.
Morris is the second Iowa player released in as many days. Former Iowa guard Conor Boffeli was released Monday by the Minnesota Vikings. Former Hawkeyes Markus Zusevics (tackle) and A.J. Edds (linebacker) were signed to free-agent contracts by the New York Jets on Monday.
l Comments: (319) 339-3169; firstname.lastname@example.org