Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
Letters to the Editor Guidelines
Published: August 20 2009 | 12:01 am - Updated: 24 October 2013 | 11:17 am
in Static Content
To Submit letters
To submit letters or guest columns
- Length limit: 250 words
- Frequency limit: once every 30 days
- Must include writer’s full name, address and day-time telephone number (address and phone number for verification only)
- Author vouches for originality; no form letters
- No petitions
- No poetry
- The Gazette reserves the right to edit letters for length, redundancy, clarity, civility and accuracy.
- Letters should come from individuals, even when they represent a group or organization’s view point.
- Most important, the point of letters is to opine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Have you found an error or omission in our reporting? Is there other feedback and/or ideas you want to share with us? Tell us