My wife and I were born 90 years ago.
We and our children, our extended families, neighbors and their children were born and raised in homes with lead paint, coal furnace heating systems wrapped in asbestos, and lead alloy water pipes, and we played with mercury from broken thermometers.
Our schools were similar death traps. Radon gas had not been turned into a cash cow yet, so we didnít have to worry about that.
Many of the aforementioned citizens have lived healthy, happy, productive lives.
Iím wondering how did we survive these unrelenting attacks from so many sources for so long.
Maybe Chicken Little wasnít there to sound the alarm.
Robert MitchellCedar Rapids