Last guess: Where might Iowa, ISU go?
Published: March 15 2014 | 4:47 pm - Updated: 1 April 2014 | 9:39 am
I write this at 5:30 p.m. Saturday knowing that in 24 hours (or 24 minutes), this mock bracket will become as worthless as the free pen that compiled it. But as teams continue to scan their printouts heading to the Big Tweetup (punching tickets and dances are so 20th century), it's worth looking at where Iowa and Iowa State might land for next week's NCAA tournament.
So here's a final guess. We'll find out for sure on Sunday:
NEW YORK CITY REGIONAL
- 1. Florida vs. 16. Mount St. Mary's/Albany winner, Orlando, Fla.
- 8. Pittsburgh vs. 9. St. Joseph's, Orlando, Fla.
- 4. Creighton vs. 13. New Mexico State, San Antonio
- 5. Oklahoma vs. 12. Tulsa, San Antonio
- 3. Iowa State vs. 14. Mercer, San Antonio
- 6. Ohio State vs. 11. Arizona State, San Antonio
- 7. Memphis vs. 10. Tennessee, Raleigh, N.C.
- 2. Duke vs. 15. Coastal Carolina, Raleigh, N.C.
- 1. Wichita State vs. 16. UW-Milwaukee, St. Louis
- 8. Oregon vs. 9. SMU, St. Louis
- 4. Syracuse vs. 13. Manhattan, Buffalo
- 5. St. Louis vs. 12. Minnesota-Providence winner, Buffalo
- 3. Wisconsin vs. 14. Delaware, Milwaukee
- 6. UCLA vs. 11. Harvard, Milwaukee
- 7. New Mexico vs. 10. UMass, St. Louis
- 2. Kansas vs. 15. North Carolina Central, St. Louis
- 1. Arizona vs. 16. UC-Northridge-Texas Southern winner, San Diego
- 8. Gonzaga vs. 9. Oklahoma State, San Diego
- 4. Michigan State vs. 13. Toledo, San Diego
- 5. UConn vs. 12. Xavier-Dayton winner, San Diego
- 3. San Diego State vs. 14. Eastern Kentucky, Spokane, Wash.
- 6. North Carolina vs. 11. Stanford, Spokane, Wash.
- 7. Texas vs. 10. Nebraska, Orlando, Fla.
- 2. Louisville vs. 15. Wofford, Orlando, Fla.
- 1. Michigan vs. 16. Weber State, Milwaukee
- 8. Colorado vs. 9. Kansas State, Milwaukee
- 4. Cincinnati vs. 13. North Dakota State, Spokane, Wash.
- 5. Kentucky vs. 12. Stephen F. Austin, Spokane, Wash.
- 3. Virginia vs. 14. Georgia State, Raleigh, N.C.
- 6. Baylor vs. George Washington, Raleigh, N.C.
- 7. Virginia Commonwealth vs. 10. Iowa, Buffalo
- 2. Villanova vs. 15. American, Buffalo
Have you found an error or omission in our reporting? Is there other feedback and/or ideas you want to share with us? Tell us