Iowa announces NCAA ticket information
Published: March 15 2014 | 3:07 pm - Updated: 1 April 2014 | 9:39 am
If Iowa is selected for the NCAA tournament on Sunday, here's how you can order tickets (per University of Iowa):
Should the University of Iowa men’s basketball team receive an at-large berth to next week’s NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament, Hawkeye fans who purchased season tickets for the 2013-14 season and who are members of the National I-Club will be provided first access to an extremely limited number of tickets made available to teams that participate in the opening rounds. The bracket will be released Sunday at 5 p.m. (CT) on CBS.
Season ticket holders will have the opportunity to place their order via their online account with the UI Athletics Ticket Office shortly after the UI learns of its post-season destination early Sunday evening. Orders for a maximum of two reserved seat tickets each will be filled based on priority points. Please note the following:
- Should Iowa be invited to play games in St. Louis or Milwaukee, the UI Athletics Ticket Office will accept ticket requests from season ticket holders who are also members of the National I-Club at either the Kinnick Society, Champions, or Golden Hawk level of giving.
- Fans should note that regardless of the site, seat locations may be either on the lower or upper level of the facility, and that seat locations will be determined by the UI’s priority point program.
- Tickets are only available to the sessions in which Iowa plays. Unless the UI Athletics Ticket Office is told otherwise, should Iowa win its first game, your ticket request will automatically be added to the list for tickets to the Hawkeyes’ second game.
- Placing a request for tickets does not guarantee you tickets. Requests for tickets will be processed based on priority points.
- An e-mail will be sent by 8 p.m., Monday, March 17, to everyone who has requested tickets for the selected site to confirm the status of their request. Those who have had their ticket request filled will have the purchase charged to the credit card they provided when making their request.
- Fans whose ticket requests are filled will be required to pick up the tickets in person at the tournament site prior to each game involving the Hawkeyes. Specific information on ticket pick-up will be e-mailed to those receiving tickets when that information becomes available to the UI Athletics Ticket Office.
- No tickets will be distributed in Iowa City and a photo ID will be required when picking up tickets.
Fans of the Hawkeyes can also purchase tickets directly from the site of Iowa’s NCAA Tournament game by visiting the web site noted below. It provides the opportunity to purchase tickets online and a telephone number for all nine sites of first, second and third round games.http://www.ncaa.com/final-four/tickets-hospitality
Have you found an error or omission in our reporting? Is there other feedback and/or ideas you want to share with us? Tell us