The Iowa men's basketball team landed the sixth seed and will face 11th seed Northwestern in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament on Thursday night.
The Hawkeyes (20-11, 9-9 Big Ten) open the tournament with the same seed and same opponent as last year. Iowa twice beat the Wildcats (13-18, 6-12) by 26 points this year.
Should Iowa advance, the Hawkeyes will meet No. 3 seed Michigan State in a Big Ten quarterfinal. The Spartans were seeded third last year and have eliminated the Hawkeyes from the last three Big Ten Tournaments.
Tipoff for Thursday's opener is scheduled for 8 p.m. Central and ESPN2 will air the game. If Iowa advances to the quarterfinals, Friday's game is slated to begin at 8 p.m.
Here's the Big Ten Tournament schedule:
8. Indiana vs. 9. Illinois, 11 a.m. (BTN)
5. Ohio State vs. 12. Purdue, 1:30 p.m. (BTN)
7. Minnesota vs. 10. Penn State, 5:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
6. Iowa vs. 11. Northwestern, 8 p.m. (ESPN2)
1. Michigan vs. Indiana/Illinois winner, 11 a.m. (ESPN)
4. Nebraska vs. Ohio State/Purdue winner, 1:30 p.m. (ESPN)
2. Wisconsin vs. Minnesota/Penn State winner, 5:30 p.m. (BTN)
3. Michigan State vs. Iowa/Northwestern winner, 8 p.m. (BTN)
Top semifinal, 12:40 p.m. (CBS)
Bottom semifinal, 3 p.m. (CBS)
SUNDAY'S GAMEChampionship, 2:30 p.m. (CBS)