MINNEAPOLIS -- Hey everybody, let's get in the car and drive five hours north when it's really cold!
That said, on with the Fun Facts:
1. Iowa's last two games against Minnesota were 21-point wins.
2. Five different Gophers blocked shots in Iowa's 94-73 win over Minnesota in Iowa City on Jan. 19. Iowa has had five different players with blocks in a game three times this season, against Notre Dame, Nebraska and Penn State.
3. Iowa hasn't lost two straight games, nor has it lost to a team outside the current RPI Top 20. Minnesota is outside that Top 20.
4. The 94 points Iowa scored against Minnesota was its most in a Big Ten game.
5. Three years ago, in Fran McCaffery's first season as Iowa's coach, the Hawkeyes scored 45 points against Minnesota in Iowa City.
6. The Gophers have scored 54, 49 and 46 points in their last three games.
7. This is Iowa's first weeknight game in three weeks.
8. Minnesota's three leading scorers -- Andre Hollins, Deandre Matthieu and Austin Hollins -- are from Tennessee.
9. Iowa and Minnesota played triple-overtime games against each other in 1982, 1994 and 2006. So the next one is due in 2018.
10. Williams Arena is named for Dr. Henry L. Williams, the Gophers' football coach from 1900 to 1921. His record was 141-34-12. He is still the winningest football coach in Minnesota history. His team won eight Big Ten titles.
11. Minnesota's most-recent Big Ten football championship was in 1967. Its most recent men's basketball league-title was in 1982 if you discount the 1997 title that was vacated because of NCAA sanctions. Iowa was one game ahead of the Gophers with three games left to play in '82, but Minnesota won a 57-55 game in, yes, three overtimes. Neither team scored in the second OT.
12. Iowa lost its last two Big Ten games that season at Illinois and Purdue, then beat Northeast Louisiana in the NCAA tourney before losing to Idaho.
13. Iowa tied for second in the Big Ten in that 1997 season.
14. There is a Minneapolis, Kansas and a Minneapolis, North Carolina. The one in Kansas has about 2,000 people. The one in North Carolina has about 425. The Minneapolis in Minnesota is considerably larger.