This week has given Iowa both Groundhog Day and a visit from the Wolverines. Is there an opossum in the house?
Now, on with the Fun Facts:
1. Michigan gets 33.3 percent of its points from 3-pointers. You can look it up.
2. Wolverine sophomore guard Nik Stauskas has made 44.3 percent of his career 3-pointers, but only 2 of his last 8. He is fifth in Big Ten play in scoring, fourth in assists.
3. Michigan forward Glenn Robinson III’s brother, Gelen Robinson of Lake Central High School in St. John in Indiana, signed a national letter of intent to play football at Glenn Robinson Jr.’s alma mater, Purdue. Gelen Robinson is a linebacker who had 13 sacks in his senior season at Lake Central.
4. The last time Michigan and Iowa played in Iowa City was a 75-59 Hawkeyes win on Jan. 14, 2012. Current members of Iowa’s team accounted for 50 of Iowa’s points.
5. Iowa senior Devyn Marble has played Michigan five times. He scored 12, 11, 13, 14 and 13 points.
6. Michigan guard Spike Albrecht has 22 assists and 1 turnover over the team’s 10 Big Ten games.
7. The two teams have played 12 overtime games against each other. Michigan won 10.
8. Through Wednesday, Michigan was fourth in the nation in points per possession (1.16) and Iowa was 17th (1.13).
9. Iowa’s six losses are all to teams currently in the top 17 of the RPI.
10. The Beatles performed in Michigan twice, in 1964 and 1966 at Detroit’s Olympia Stadium.
11. Ann Arbor, Mich., is 445 miles from Iowa City. That’s roughly the same distance as from Ann Arbor to Kegley, W. Va., and Iowa City to Erie, Kan.
Comments are closed.