IOWA CITY -- In the words of Joe Cocker, I can stand a little rain. Snow, not so much.
On with the Fun Facts:
1. Ohio State didn't lose more than five Big Ten games in any of the previous four seasons. Its league record over that time was 56-16. It's 4-5 this season.
2. OSU guard Aaron Craft has played 4,374 minutes and has a school-record 636 assists. He could become just the fourth three-time Academic All-American men's basketball player from the Big Ten.
3. Ohio State has won seven of its last nine games against ranked opponents.
4. Through Sunday, the Buckeyes led the nation in 3-point shooting defense with 26.5 percent. Iowa was 13th, with 28.7 percent.
5. Through Sunday, Iowa was third nationally in scoring margin and free throws made per game, fifth in rebounding margin, seventh in scoring offense, and tied for 229th in 3-pointers made per game.
6. OSU sophomore guard Amedeo Della Valle is from Alba, Italy.
7. Della Valle's Twitter bio includes this: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so keep shooting." That's off by 100 percent, of course. You miss 0% of the shots you don't take.
9. But there are lots of talented Ohioans on other Big Ten rosters, including Iowa's Aaron White.
10. White is from Strongsville, Ohio. One of Strongsville's city councilmen is Duke Southworth. He has a law degree from Ohio State. He was appointed to his council seat in 2011 to replace Patrick Coyne, who had been a council member since 1989.
Coyne surrendered to the FBI on May 9, 2011, the same day an FBI affidavit stated he accepted $20,000 in bribes in 2008. He was charged with five counts related to bribery, money laundering and wire fraud. He pled guilty to all. His plea agreement calls for a prison term between three years, five months and four years, three months.
Coyne tried to trick an unsuspecting investor into giving him $32,000 in a phony Krispy Kreme doughnut shop deal. Krispy Kreme had never discussed such a development with Coyne,
11. Krispy Kreme had a location in Cedar Rapids, but it closed in 2006. The company's website says its Iowa locations are Clive and Council Bluffs. There are two Krispy Kremes in Columbus.