I can never tell when I drift from Champaign into Urbana and vice versa. It's probably how strangers feel about Iowa City and Coralville.
At any rate, on with the Fun Facts:
1. Iowa not only has an 11-game losing streak at Illinois, it also had lost 11 in a row before the last time Iowa won at then-Assembly Hall. The Hawkeyes won 78-72 in 1999, Tom Davis' last season as Iowa's coach. Davis won at Illinois in 1987, lost 11 times, then won on his final trip there.
2 Iowa hasn't played Illinois in football since 2008. They meet here on Nov. 15.
3. Illinois' leading scorer is Rayvonte Rice. His cousin is Detroit Lions running back Mikel Leshoure, Illinois' all-time single-season rushing leader with 1,697 yards.
4. Illinois has 13 NCAA tournament wins since the last year Iowa won one, 2001. The Illini defeated Colorado in last season's NCAAs before losing to Miami.
5. Iowa hasn't had a two-game losing streak since Feb. 6, 2013.
6. Illini Coach John Groce's Mid-American Conference record at Ohio was 34-30.
7. Groce earned a degree in mathematics at Taylor University.
8. In Big Ten games as of Thursday afternoon, the Illini were 10th in scoring margin, 10th in defensive rebounds, 10th in blocked shots, 11th in scoring, 11th in field goal percentage, 11th in 3-point percentage, 11th in assists-to-turnovers ratio, and 12th in assists.
9. Illinois center Maverick Morgan's parents named him after Tom Cruise's "Maverick" character in "Top Gun."
10. The Illini have two transfer starters in Rice (Drake) and Jon Ekey (Illinois State). Next year, three transfers who averaged over 10 points a game last season become eligible at Illinois. They are guard Ahmad Starks (Oregon State), guard Aaron Crosby Seton Hall) and forward Darius Paul (Western Michigan).
11. Bob Dylan and Carl Perkins co-wrote a song called <"Champaign, Illinois" that Perkins recorded in 1969.