Northwestern has never participated in an NCAA men's basketball tournament. That would qualify as a Fun Fact in Evanston. Here are some others:
1. In Northwestern's last four games, the average halftime score was Northwestern 22, Opponent 21. The average score at the end of regulation was 46-46. The Wildcats won three of those games.
2. In those four games, Northwestern shot just 34.6 percent from the field (70 of 202) and 25.0 percent from the 3-point line (21 of 84). But its opponents shot 29.5 percent overall (69 of 234) and 24.4 percent from 3-point (18 of 74).
3. Northwestern has had three sellouts (8,117 for Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan State) at home. Tuesday's game against Purdue drew just 6,063. A midweek game and school night, you know.
4. Iowa had a five-game losing streak to the Wildcats just over a year ago. But the Hawkeyes beat Northwestern last January, February and March in Evanston, Iowa City and Chicago, respectively.
5. Northwestern guard Tre Demps' father is New Orleans Pelicans General Manager Dell Demps, who played three years in the NBA.
6. Wildcats leading-scorer Drew Crawford's father is Dan Crawford, who has been an NBA game official since 1988.
7. Drew Crawford suffered a shoulder injury last season and red-shirted. He came back to Northwestern for his senior season even though he could have transferred somewhere else since he had graduated in four years. This Sporting News story talks about why he stayed at NU.
8. Iowa has not lost two straight times over its last 34 games.
9. Northwestern markets itself as "Chicago's Big Ten team," but Penn State is the only other current league member with fewer alumni than NU in the Chicago area.
10. Welsh-Ryan Arena will no longer be the Big Ten's smallest when Rutgers joins the conference next season. The Rutgers Athletic Center seats 8,000. The Scarlet Knight's average home crowd this season is 3,783.