1. LSU’s bowl record is 22-21-1. Its first bowl game was a 3-2 loss to TCU in the 1936 Sugar Bowl. It beat Iowa State 33-15 in the 1971 Sun Bowl. The tie was a 0-0 Cotton Bowl clash with Arkansas in 1947.
2. Iowa’s bowl record is 14-11-1. The Hawkeyes are 4-2 against SEC teams in bowls, and beat Missouri in the Insight Bowl a year before the Tigers jumped from the Big 12 to the SEC.
4. Miles’ record at LSU is 94-24, and he is 52-20 in the SEC. But he has lost three of his last four bowls.
5. Miles once got to fly over Baghdad in a Black Hawk helicopter.
6. The LSU player who is from the town nearest Iowa City is center Ethan Pocic of Lemont, Ill., 213 miles away.
7. The Iowa player who is from the town nearest Baton Rouge is quarterback Nic Shimonek of Corsicanna, Texas, 408 miles away.
8. “Geaux” is a very popular word with LSU fans. It means “go.”
9. Tennessee Williams, who wrote “A Streetcar Named Desire,” was an Iowa graduate.
10. There is an Iowa Street in Lake Arthur, La. There is a Louisiana Avenue in Mason City, Iowa. There is an Iowa Street in Louisiana, Mo.
11. Miles is the most-followed college football coach on Twitter (@LSUCoachMiles), with 123,717 followers entering 2014. But he only tweeted six times in December, four times in November, and not at all in October.
12 The LSU video of the Harlem Shake, featuring Miles (lesmiles.net), has had over 1.85 million views.
Comments are closed.