DES MOINES -- Here we are in the home of the Iowa Energy and the Iowa Wild. If you don't know who they are, don't worry. They have nothing to do with today's Iowa-Drake basketball game.
Now, on with the Fun Facts:
1. Drake played four of its first seven games in California.
2. Iowa leads the series, 56-10, and has won 30 of the last 33 matchups.
3. Both the Bulldogs and Hawkeyes played Nebraska-Omaha at home, and won by eight points.
4. Iowa's Aaron White had 20 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists Tuesday against Notre Dame. The last Hawkeye to reach those heights in all three categories was Jake Kelly five seasons ago.
5. Iowa has a 114-35 record against current Missouri Valley Conference teams. It has losing records to Illinois State (0-1) and Wichita State (3-4).
6. Drake and Iowa both have a player from England in their rotations. Drake's is Chris Caird. Iowa's is Gabe Olaseni.
7. Drake has outrebounded its opponents in six of its seven games.
8. Tickets for this Big Four Classic go for $70, $50 and $25. That's not as much as tickets for tonight's Big Ten football championship, which has tickets at a premium for the first time in its three-year history.
9. When you Googled "Drake" on Thursday, the first five entires were about Drake, the rapper and recording artist. The sixth was about Drake University.
10. Drake, the rapper and recording artist, is 27. He has been alive for one Drake appearance in an NCAA men's basketball tournament, a 101-99 loss to Western Kentucky in 2008.