IOWA CITY -- The Notre Dame kids like the Steak 'n Shake. Me, too.
What, you're too high and mighty to enjoy a steakburger and a chocolate shake?
On with the Fun Facts:
1. Iowa's opponents are shooting an icy 21.8 percent from 3-point range.
2. Notre Dame has made 42.6 percent of its 3-pointers.
3. Notre Dame plays Indiana in Indianapolis on Dec. 14 and Ohio State in New York on Dec. 21.
4. Roy and Devyn Marble rank 8th on college basketball's all-time father-son scoring list with 3,384 points. Rick Barry and Jon Barry are No. 3. Rick Barry and Brent Barry are No. 4. Rick Barry and Drew Barry are No. 5.
5. Iowa has played eight games. Seven different Hawkeyes have led or tied for the team lead in assists in a game. Six have led or tied for the team lead in rebounds.
6. Notre Dame lost to Iowa State in the second round (it used to be called the first round) of the NCAA tournament, 76-58. ISU had just six turnovers in the game. The Irish had more turnovers (17) than assists (9) for the only time in its 35 games last season.
7. Joe Tessitore, ESPN2's play-by-play announcer for this game, has covered a wide array of horse racing and boxing events in addition to college football and basketball. He was the executive producer of the ESPN 30 for 20 film Roll Tide, War Eagle.
8. Notre Dame's first ACC game ever is Jan. 4 at home against Duke.
9. Irish guard Jerian Grant's given first name is Holdyn. His brothers are named Jerai, Jeremi and Jaelin. Their father is Harvey Grant, who played for Oklahoma against Iowa in the Sweet 16 of the 1987 NCAA tournament. Their uncle is Horace Grant, who played for four NBA champions with the Chicago Bulls. Jerami is a sophomore at Syracuse. He had this dunk in the Maui Classic last week:
10. Notre Dame guard Austin Carr scored 45 points against Iowa in a 1970 NCAA tourney regional consolation game, back when they had those for some reason. Iowa still won the game.