Who thinks Wisconsin will throw the ball 60 times today? Fifty-five? Fifty?
I thought not. Now, on with this week’s Fun Facts:
2. The Badgers have outscored Big Ten opponents 69-22 in second-halves. Iowa’s foes have outscored the Hawkeyes in second-halves, 58-13.
3. Seven Wisconsin offensive linemen were selected over the last three NFL drafts.
4. No one on the Green Bay Packers’ active roster played at Wisconsin. But two Packers — Mike Daniels and Micah Hyde — played at Iowa.
5. Wisconsin really likes the letter ‘W.’ Badger players hail from Wisconsin Rapids, Wautoma, Wind Lake, Waukesha, Weston, Wales, Woodville and Waunakee.
6. Badgers coach Gary Andersen had a 12-23 record after his first three seasons as a head coach, one at Southern Utah and two at Utah State. Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz had a 12-22 record after his first three seasons as a head coach, all at Maine.
7. Iowa is going for its 300th Big Ten win today. The Hawkeyes are 299-366-25.
8. The Iowa-Wisconsin series is tied at 42-42-2. Other FBS teams Iowa is tied with are Washington (3-3), Tennessee (1-1), Oklahoma State (1-1), Air Force (0-0-1) and BYU (0-0-1). Wisconsin hosts BYU next Saturday. If the Badgers win, that series will be knotted at 1-1.
9. Chris Spielman, the color commentator for ABC’s telecast of today’s game, was the head coach of Arena Football League’s Columbus Destroyers in 2005. The Destroyers went 2-15. They folded after the 2008 season.
10. The Badgers and Hawkeyes are playing for the Heartland Trophy. But in U2′s song “Heartland,” neither state is mentioned.
Comments are closed.