Parking info for Friday's Black & Gold Blowout
Published: October 23 2013 | 10:09 am - Updated: 28 March 2014 | 10:16 pm
Here is some parking information for the Black & Gold Blowout to pass along from UI Sports Information:
IOWA CITY -- The UI Athletics Department will stage the 2013 Black & Gold Blowout on Friday night on Mediacom Court inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Doors open at 7 p.m. with activities beginning around 7:30 p.m.
This special annual event featuring the UI’s men’s and women’s basketball teams will impact parking by fans of the University of Iowa football team who plan to arrive in Iowa City on Friday night in advance of Saturday’s Iowa-Northwestern football game.
Please note the following:
- Parking for the Black & Gold Basketball Blowout will begin at 6 p.m.
- Parking is available in the following UI parking lots:
- UI Lot 33 (Dental Building)
- UI Lot 43 immediately east of the UI Recreation Building except for areas of that parking lot which are reserved for RV and staff use on football game days
- UI Lot 75 (Carver Commuter) except for areas of that parking lot which are reserved for RV use on football game days
- UI Lot 65 (Finkbine Commuter)
Parking for fans not attending the Black & Gold Blowout but do want to park on Friday night for Saturday’s football game can do so beginning at 7:30 p.m. As always, football fans accessing UI parking lots on Friday night will be required to have the proper parking pass for football game-day parking.
Have you found an error or omission in our reporting? Is there other feedback and/or ideas you want to share with us? Tell us