We’re compiling a list of federal government-operated institutions in Eastern Iowa and how their operations are being impacted by the federal government shutdown. If you have more detailed information to add to this list, please email email@example.com
- Herbert Hoover National Historic Site, West Branch: Closed
- Effigy Mounds National Monument, Harpers Ferry: Closed
- Coralville Lake day-use parks, campgrounds and boat ramps: Closed
- Coralville Lake flood control operations: Operating normally
- Social Security payments: Will be issued as normal
- Social Security field offices: Open with limited services (Click here for more details)
- VA Medical Centers and clinics: Operating normally
- Federal court system: Will remain open for business for approximately 10 business days. On or around Oct. 15, 2013, the Judiciary will reassess its situation and provide further guidance.
- HACAP: Has stopped issuing checks for the food program, WIC, which provides foods for babies, children under the age of 5, pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and women who have had a baby in the last 6 months.
- USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service: Offices closed.
Here’s an extensive chart from CNN — Government shutdown: What’s closed, what’s open?