It’s raining here. It’s raining hate. For Iowa. They all hate Iowa up here.
Have you heard? Hate, hate, hate. The Gophers are ready for their national championship Super Bowl today. UM’s D-line coach has called it their Super Bowl, so that’s fair game.
Hate, hate, hate.
– I don’t have a lot right now, but it is raining like a mad man out there.
Here’s the radar:
– Remember the movie “Devil’s Rain,” where Ernest Borgnine turned into the devil and made it rain devil’s rain and melted John Travolta’s eyeless, zombie face?
Great movie. Not really great, but I watched it when I was 10, so it freaked me out.
– Beyond CB Jordan Lomax (who’s doubtful with a hamstring injury), Iowa is relatively healthy. Seriously. I’ve heard nothing. Maybe there’s a surprise I don’t know about, but I think Iowa is all systems go personnel-wise.
– It’s gotten really windy up here. Not sure what it is, but the flags and goalposts are rocking.
– You like the EA Sports “NCAA football” game, right?
Well, it’s over. EA announced this week that it won’t produce the game next year. The case was settled for $40 million. I’ve seen tweets where the total payout for the players listed in the suit were between $140 and $800. No quite the game-changer everyone thought it would be.
– Good hate tweet from former Iowa strong safety Tyler Sash:
Should our fans take the Goal Posts though the North Entrance or South? @GopherGridiron— Tyler Sash (@TSash) September 28, 2013
– Rain is supposed to move out by 3 p.m. It’s going really strongly right now.
– Amid all the hate, Iowa decided to show up anyway:
– Iowa specialists are out. 75 minutes to kick.
– Ed says expect Iowa to put two blockers on Ra’Shede Hageman.
Also, Iowa CBs have trouble with double moves, doesn’t expect Minnesota to show that.
– Iowa K Mike Meyer just nailed a 47-yarder from the middle of the field. Here’s a 43-yarder from left hash: Wide right. Again: Good.
– 38 from left hash: Good. 28: Good. These all are into the wind, which isn’t much right now.
– True freshman Sean Welsh has made the trip. This is his second road trip. I’m guessing he’s on the reality two deep on the inside, one of the guard spots.
– Iowa radio says CB Jordan Lomax has been cleared and could play today.
– You know about UM QB Philip Weber (hamstring) and RB Donnell Kirkwood (ankle) are available, but probably won’t start. UM FB Mike Henry is hurt and out. TE Maxx Williams takes over there. Williams is UM’s leading receiver as far as yardage goes.
– Team drill: All the starters are the same. True freshman CB Desmond King remains in place. No. 2 OL was MacMillan, Gaul, Simmons, I forget and Donnal.
– Marcus Collins was the No. 2 WLB. I think he’s the guy there next season. He’s ahead of Cole Fisher.
– Last look at the Gophers: Nelson ran with the No. 1 offense and Leidner with the 2s. Not sure how much you can read into that, but there it is.
– UM coach Jerry Kill just met with his captains. Looks as though the Gophers will want to receive and/or kick out of the north end zone.
I think we’re good here. Join me on Twitter for the game. Don’t have a Twitter account? Sign up. It’s free. It’s like a personal newswire.