Stuff about Iowa-Iowa State football on the day of the Iowa-Iowa State football game:
1. Steele Jantz, who has moved from Iowa State football to somewhere else, played a lot better against Iowa than other teams. Jantz completed 67.1 percent (49-of-73) of his passes in two games against Iowa . He completed 55.8 percent (254-of-455) against everyone else. His quarterback rating against the Hawkeyes was 144.08. Against the rest of college football, it was 107.69.
2. Iowa’s Mike Meyer is 6-for-6 kicking field goals against the Cyclones. He is responsible for 21 of Iowa’s last 47 points against the Cyclones.
4. In 2011, punters Eric Guthrie of Iowa and Kirby Van Der Kamp of Iowa State combined to punt for an average of 48.3 yards. Last year, Van Der Kamp and Iowa’s Connor Kornbrath combined to punt for an average of 36.6 yards.
5. Iowa State averaged 2.5 yards per rush and Iowa 2.4 yards in last year’s game.
6. Over their last four meetings, the Cyclones committed 16 turnovers to Iowa’s 5. Ten of ISU’s were on intercepted passes.
7. Iowa State had 34 points after halftime in 2011. It had 0 points after halftime last year.
8. The Iowa-ISU game has finished under the over/under point total posted by Nevada casinos in eight of the last nine meetings, and by an average of 14.9 points. That stat was courtesy of @jordangarretson.
9. Iowa State hasn’t shut out Iowa since its 31-0 win in 1978.
10. Iowa hasn’t shut out Iowa State since its 10-0 win in 1919.
Comments are closed.