CEDAR RAPIDS (February 25, 2012): Lil’ Drug Store Products, Inc. (LDSP), a global consumer products company and top health and beauty care (HBC) product supplier to the convenience channel, summed up 2012 as a year of successes that reinforce the company’s position as the top HBC supplier to the convenience channel.
Since 1974, LDSP’s unique business model has revolutionized the sale of HBC in convenience retail locations with the innovative idea of making premium over-the-counter and personal care products available to consumers in conveniently sized and easy-to-use packages. The company continues to be the leading HBC product supplier to the convenience channel, according to recent 52-week data from Symphony IRI,* which reflects LDSP’s innovative products, impeccable service, and data-driven solutions to the challenges of this complex product category.
The exceptional performance and innovative strategies that kept LDSP at the top of HBC convenience retailing in 2012 include:
• A nearly tripling of sales vs. a year ago of Lil’ Drug’s own line of products, with Lil’ Drug Multi-Symptom Sinus one of the top category performers.
• An expanding line-up of popular brands, including the recent additions of Crest Complete, Colgate Total, Germ-X, and Emergen-C.
• Strong partnerships with national brands like Carmex lip balm and Ricola cough drops, plus a new exclusive distribution partnership with Rayovac that establishes the popular battery brand in the c-store channel.
• The launching of two new innovative and successful merchandising programs with EZ Bins and EZ OTC. EZ Bins is a new merchandising system for popular personal care items in travel sizes for on-the-go shoppers. EZ OTC is a collection of popular OTC formulas available in mid-size packages designed specifically for c-store shoppers.
• Receiving the “2012 Best New Products Award” for EZ OTC from Convenience Store News (CSN).
“LDSP helps retailers manage their HBC, general merchandise, and automotive needs effectively and efficiently through a combination of innovative retailing solutions and a diverse portfolio of over-the-counter drug, personal care, general merchandise and automotive items which are brought to market by our strong distribution and marketing network throughout the country,” said Paul Rossberger, vice president of sales & marketing for Lil’ Drug Store Products. “We’ve built a strong reputation in the convenience channel by being flexible and responsive in ways that enhance product and service excellence and will continue to offer our customers and partners the kind of collaboration and forward thinking that enhances their sales and profitability.”
*IRI Convenience 52 weeks ending 12-30-12.
Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Lil’ Drug Store Products offers a variety of premium brands through its 3 divisions: Convenience Retailing, Consumer Products, and International. Convenience Retailing lines include OTC drug products, trial size personal care items, general merchandise products, automotive accessories and exclusive brands like Rayovac, Carmex, and Ricola.
Contact: Suzy Ginsburg