For the sixth year in a row, United Way raised more than $10 million with the help of 22,121 donors. In all, people pledged $10,354,496.
“Thank you to those donors and 500 companies who support our community through United Way,” said Lois Buntz, United Way President and CEO. “This money will go a long way to help tens of thousands of our neighbors.”
United Way of East Central Iowa partners with around 40 community partners to improve the community in the areas of education, financial stability and health.
Specifically, United Way’s goals for the community by 2016 are:
• Increase the number of low-income children ready for school by 50 percent
• Increase the number of low-income youth with 21st Century skills by 25 percent
• Increase the number of financially stable households by 15 percent
• Increase healthy choices by 10 percent
• Increase by 25 percent the number of older adults who are able to meet their daily living needs
For more please visit UnitedWayofEastCentralIowa.org.