Mercy Iowa City will sponsor a free community seminar titled, “The Chest Pain Challenge: What you need to know,” on Saturday, February 2, at 9 a.m. in the McAuley rooms, Mercy Medical Plaza, 540 E. Jefferson St., Iowa City. Doors will open at 8:30 a.m. for a complimentary breakfast. Free parking will be provided, and drawings for door prizes will be held.
Presenters include Stephen Scheckel, MD, Medical Director, Mercy Emergency Care Unit; Kim Lopez, RN, Nurse Manager, Mercy Emergency Care Unit; and Mike Lebsack, RN, Director of Mercy’s Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Services.
Topics to be covered include:
• Signs and symptoms of a heart attack
• How to respond to these signs
• The challenges presented by chest pain in the emergency room
• What is a Chest Pain Center?
• Time for questions and answers
Online registration for this free program is available at www.mercyiowacity.org