Here are contracts for Iowa’s assistant coaches.
A couple of observations:
– Some of these were signed in 2010 and ran through 2012. Not sure if that’s a foreshadow to changes, but it’s kind of worked out that way.
– Offensive coordinator Greg Davis’ deal came in at $325,000 last season. He also didn’t sign his deal until July 2. The UI announced his hiring in January.
– All Iowa assistants are “at will” status, meaning they are employed at Ferentz’s discretion and would only be owed salary and benefits through the date of non-renewal.
– Defensive coordinator Phil Parker earns $301,000. His promotion was announced in February and his contract wasn’t signed until June.
– Former WR coach Erik Campbell’s two-year deal expired June 30, but the contract automatically renewed additional one-year periods unless there was a notice of non-renewal (aka “fired”). We don’t know if Campbell decided to leave or was forced out. Iowa/Ferentz hasn’t commented.
– The June 30 expiration is true for a lot of the longtime staff members. Again, automatic one-year renewal.
– Iowa announced that when O-line coach Brian Ferentz, Kirk’s son, was hired that he would report to his father but was under the “direct supervision” of athletics director Gary Barta. And so it says in his contract.
His hiring was announced in February, but the contract wasn’t signed until June. That must not be that big of a deal.
– The salary info from assistants who’ve been around since 2010 needs to be updated.
Last season, D-line coach Reese Morgan was the highest-paid non-coordinator at $248,400 followed by secondary coach Darrell Wilson, who earned $244,080. Campbell was the highest paid staffer at $250,560.
Strength and conditioning coach Chris Doyle made $299,160 last year.
– Recruiting coordinator and D-line coach Eric Johnson has been with Ferentz since he arrived at Iowa in ’99. He didn’t begin as a full-time assistant until 2003. Running backs coach Lester Erb and Morgan are the senior staffers. They both started at Iowa in 2000.
Offensive coordinator Greg Davis
Defensive coordinator Phil Parker
Offensive line coach Brian Ferentz
Running backs coach Lester Erb
Wide receivers coach Erik Campbell
Secondary coach Darrell Wilson
Linebackers coach LeVar Woods
D-line coach Reese Morgan
Recruiting coordinator Eric Johnson
Comments are closed.