Cedar Rapids, Iowa – (December 10, 2012) Tanager Place’s Mental Health Clinic is one of the few facilities in Iowa to offer the clinically proven treatment option Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for children struggling with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Clinic is currently accepting referrals and offers a variety of payment options.
Services provided through the Autism Spectrum Therapy Program, including ABA, are covered by private insurance, Medicaid, and a sliding fee scale for families who qualify. Other payment options include Wellmark, Consumer Choice, and Linn County Wraparound Funding.
The following criteria are required to access Medicaid funding:
– The client must be Medicaid eligible.
– The client must have an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis.
– The client must be at least 3 years old and younger than 9 years old.
– The client must have had IQ testing within the last 6 months.
– A child psychiatrist, psychologist and/or developmental pediatrician must complete an assessment with the child and request BHIS services
– The child psychiatrist, psychologist and/or developmental pediatrician must complete and submit the Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist
Tanager Place’s Mental Health Clinic offers psychiatric evaluations, medication management, individual therapy and family therapy. Tanager Place offers some of the most highly trained staff in the area:
– Dr. Frank Babcock, Child Psychiatrist
– Kathleen Wild, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
– Courtney Powers, Board Certified Applied Behavior Analyst
– Amber Cook, Board Certified Music Therapist
The Mental Health Clinic treats a variety of disorders, including Autism Spectrum Disorders, childhood trauma, sexual abuse, attachment issues, development disorders, anxiety disorders, communication issues or eating disorders.
Referrals may be made by contacting the clinic at 319-286-4545.