This is the view from the plane this morning above Ann Arbor. Pretty cool, huh?
The Hawkeyes need to win their next two for bowl eligibility. They are 4-6 (2-4 Big Ten) and face Michigan (7-3, 5-1) today and Nebraska (7-3, 5-1) next week.
The bowl math remains in play today.
– I’ve heard that RB Mark Weisman is in today and RB Damon Bullock is out. I will update this as soon as humanly possible. This press box is gorgeous and I can see every move they’re making over there on the far sideline. (Best press boxes in the Big Ten: 1) Here, 2) Ohio State, 3) Nebraska, 4) Wisconsin.)
– Sophomore LB Quinton Alston put on his Facebook on Thursday evening that he would be the starter today. That might mean MLB James Morris, who left last week’s game with what looked to be a groin injury, is out today. Alston has only ever played MLB.
– Bullock is getting worked out by strength coach Chris Doyle. Looks like a hamstring. We’ll see.
– Probably no Denard today. Still working the elbow injury.
– QBs and TEs are out.
– Quinton Alston and Marcus Collins are out getting extra stretching. Those guys must be in the chute today. I’ve also heard LB Anthony Hitchens might have the flu. Stay tuned there.
– Michigan players coming out for quick warmups.
– Those “walk off” or “side” conferences that KF gives every Tuesday. Dead. After last week, it’s not a surprise.
– Iowa AD Gary Barta on the radio: Every confidence that when they “regroup this winter,” they’ll get something figured out.
– Radio just said back bruise for Bullock and he’s unlikely. Weisman is likely. Had a good week of practice.
– Linebacker changes: Travis Perry is in at strongside LB. Anthony Hitchens has the flu and is out this week. Christian Kirksey moves to weakside. James Morris is with the 1s right now, but look for sophomore Quinton Alston to jump in when the game starts.
– Per Iowa, Hitchens, Morris and Bullock are gametime decisions.
– Flu for Hitchens. Morris has sprained everything, we’ll just go with that.
– Looks like Devin Gardner is the starter at UM QB.
– Morris might be in on run plays and be the only LB in pass coverage. He could be in for 15 snaps, give or take.
– OL Nolan MacMillan didn’t make the trip. He has an undisclosed injury. His career hasn’t gotten out of the box because of injury.
OK, see you at halftime. Join me on Twitter (@marcmorehouse) for game coverage.
Comments are closed.