Salute our veterans!
There are men and women who put their lives on the line every day, some every minute, for our country.
Thank you for your service, ladies and gentlemen. You have my undying respect!
Iowa will wear uniforms designed to have a military feel. They are not Nike Pro Combat uniforms. They initially wanted each player to put a name of a military branch on their nameplates. That idea wasn’t able to come to fruition because military units declined it. The helmets are silver, but I don’t know where it goes from there.
– No RB Mark Weisman, FB Brad Rogers and TE Jake Duzey might miss today’s game against Purdue (3-6, 0-5).
– The teams today combine for 0-for-8 losing streak.
– Purdue likely will send coach Danny Hope down the road after the season. Writing is on the wall.
– Purdue OC Gary Nord is out today, back in a West Lafayette hospital with a back condition. Hope and Purdue WR Patrick Higgins will call plays for the Boilers today. Higgins graduated from William Penn University in Oskaloosa in 1986 with a degree in chemistry and a minor in biology. He served as William Penn’s head coach in 1992.
– It’s pretty windy out there. The rain has stopped, though. I’ll try to get a read on the wind ASAP.
– I’ll try to get pictures of the unis as the Hawkeyes take the field.
– QBs and TEs were out. The ball seemed to sail a little bit.
– CJF stayed out a little longer and did some running. It was unsupervised, but something might be up there.
– Maybe this is the helmet?
From RB Andre Dawson’s Instagram.
– The helmet is American flag Tiger Hawk on the right side and a black Tiger Hawk on the left side.
– BTW, PU QB Robert Marve has a completely torn ACL. No partial. Complete. He suffered it in week 2. He can’t hurt it anymore, this is his sixth year, he’s torn ACLs three times, so he’s playing. He moves pretty well.
– The American flag they will unfurl for the national anthem weighs 1,100 pounds. It’s 150 feet X 300 feet.
– There will be a Naval flyover. The planes will be the Navy’s VFA-94 Mighty Shrikes, featuring two F/A-18s.
– There’s something else. I’m not sure what it is. My guess makes me tear up.
– RB Mark Weisman and FB Brad Rogers aren’t in uniform. Duzey is out there and looks OK.
– KF: Maybe Weisman next week.
– SS Nico Law is the No. 1 in the 7-on-7s. He made his first career start last week and has passed senior Tommy Donatell on the depth chart.
– James Morris has both thumbs taped and is wearing the big brace on his right arm.
– Junior Conor Boffeli in at left guard today, ahead of Nolan MacMillan and Jordan Walsh. There’s a lineup change. Boffeli has been buried at center his entire career. I thought he might’ve made a push at guard this year. After last week’s struggles, Iowa is giving him a shot. He’ll be opposite redshirt freshman Austin Blythe.
OK, 30 minutes to kickoff.
– Boffeli is the fourth left guard for Iowa this year, BTW.
– PU will flip QBs. Last week, Caleb TerBush replaced Marve late in the third quarter. PSU batted around Marve. PU receivers had a lot of drops.