I can see Lake Michigan from the Northwestern press box and I see whitecaps off in the distance. The wind is whipping pretty well inland, won’t blow off your hat, but it might reach that point.
It’ll be 41 to 48, with a chance of rain. Wind right now is out of the NNW at 9 mph.
– Running backs Mark Weisman (ankle) and Damon Bullock (concussion) should be available for Iowa. Will update as I see them in warmups. But I was told late Thursday that Bullock has been cleared to play and WILL play today.
– RB Jordan Canzeri, I don’t know. Yes, I’m aware of the Twitter event, but I would imagine that was more emotion than anything. The staff has been telling the family that he will play this year. He feels as though he wants to play. He has practiced. Bottomline is he’s a running back just seven months out from an ACL repair.
The safest move is shut it down and come back in ’13. Iowa is and has been locked into the “what if” mode at RB, and so it hasn’t had the luxury of “storing” Canzeri.
I’ll let you know if he’s here today.
– Cornerbacks Nick VanHoose and Quinn Evans are out today for NU, so is safety Hunter Bates. Star running back Venric Mark, who left last week’s game against Nebraska in the third quarter with what appeared to be a concussion, is good to go.
– QBs/TEs are out.
Jake Rudock is out there, of couse, but so are Cody Sokol and C.J. Beathard. This is the second straight road game for Beathard. That usually means, for a freshman taking a redshirt, that they like him and want him to get a feel for what it’s like to be a working team member.
Rudock hugged the manager when he finished throwing. He was the last QB off the field.
– Mike Meyer missed two straight from 35 before getting off the schneid.
Perfect twice from 40 into the wind. Seems to be on track.
– Ed Podolak on the O: We have to admit they don’t look comfortable. They haven’t been consistent. . . . The whole offense, whether it’s Greg Davis or Ken O’Keefe, starts at the line of scrimmage.
Matt Tobin will start at tackle. Nolan MacMillan will make his first start in 28 games at guard. Austin Blythe is back at right guard.
– With the wind, Meyer solid from 43. Would be good from 60.
– Barta on the O: Sometimes, it takes time. Variable like injuries and RB . . . No excuses. We know our offense is struggling. Our foundation is there. That’s the great thing about Kirk . . . when something is wrong, and something is wrong with our offense . . . we plug in and work. — And who knows, maybe today’s the day. The foundation is strong and the principles are strong. — There is a history of coming back and playing well.
Weisman practiced all week and healed up. Depth of OL took a hit, but we have several who would’ve been starting at other Big Ten schools before the injury.
– Ferentz said on radio that Weisman won’t be 100 percent the rest of the season, but is better today than last week.
– Confirmed that Bullock is in.
– The OL in warmups was Tobin LT, Walsh LG, Ferentz C, Blythe RG and Van Sloten RT. MacMillan could rotate in.
Eight minutes to kick.
A lot of you are losing faith. As a Cubs fan, I say lets burn down Wrigley Field.
Comments are closed.