- Bond markets closed for Columbus Day. U.S. stock markets will be open.
- Earnings reports from Aloca and Yum Brands.
- U.S. Commerce Department will report on wholesale trade inventories for August.
- U.S. Labor Department will release job opening figures and its labor turnover survey for August,
- Federal Reserve will publish its Beige Book.
- Fourth-quarter results for Host Hotels and Resorts.
- U.S. Labor Department will release its weekly jobless claims
- U.S. Commerce Department will unveil international trade data for August.
- Freddie Mac will release weekly mortgage rates
- U.S. Treasury will release its federal budget for September.
- Earnings reports for Fastenal and Safeway.
- U.S. Labor Department will report on the Producer Price Index for September
- Treasury will have more on the federal budget for September.
- Earnings reports from JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
From Associated Press, Reuters and other sources