I've said I would never do this, but I think it works really well for where the Big Ten is right now.
Let's face it, the Big Ten is "Breaking Bad." Careful of the SPOILER ALERTS. But if you aren't caught up, then why aren't you caught up?
1) Ohio State Walter White: The Buckeyes are perhaps the perfect anti-hero, especially this season. Heisenberg!! Last week: No. 1.Next: at Michigan State.
2) Michigan State Hank Schrader: The cliffhanger from the first half of the final season -- Hank in the bathroom and discovers [SPOILER ALERT] the key piece of evidence to link Walt to the bad guys -- sets up this week's matchup in East Lansing quite nicely. Last week: No. 2. Next: Ohio State.
3) Nebraska Mike Ehrmantraut: Not the Mike who got clipped by Walt, but the Mike of yore, the Mike who was capable of reigning terror when he was right. Last week: No. 5. Next: Wisconsin.
4) Northwestern Gale Boetticher: Smart, really, really smart. Into fine herbal teas and Birkenstocks. Too fine for the gritty grit of the real world. Last week: No. 4. Next: Indiana.
5) Michigan Jesse Pinkman: Remember how we left Jesse? [SPOILER ALERT] He had his money and seemed to be out of range. He'll be back in soon, I'm sure, but the counterweight to Walt (Ohio State) is in the shadows as we wait for next July. Last week: No. 3.Next: Off.
6) Minnesota Walter White Jr.: How many breakfast scenes has this kid been relegated to? Lots of theories out there saying he might have a say in Walter's demise. Last week: No. 7. Next: at Iowa.
7) Purdue Hector Salamanca: If Purdue wins the Leaders, it'll be the equivalent of blowing off half of Gustavo Fring's face. Last week: No. 6. Next: Marshall.
8 ) Wisconsin Saul Goodman: He's still a player. He has a chance to steal every seen he's in. Saul is always on the offensive (kinda like the Badgers this season). Last week: No. 9. Next: at Nebraska.
9) Penn State Marie Schrader: Hasn't carried a storyline in five seasons (a few scenes, yes). PSU won't carry a storyline for four years. Last week: No. 11. Next: at Illinois.
10) Iowa Gustavo Fring: He straightened out his tie. The camera swung around to the other side of his face. And he hit the floor. Knocking off the cartel kingpins was pretty heady, though. Last week: No. 8. Next: Minnesota.
11) Illinois Combo: His death scene was much shorter than what the Illini went through against La Tech last night. Last week: No. 10. Next: Penn State.
12) Indiana Ted Beneke: He embezzled, he fell and broke his neck. He's a mess. Last week: No. 12. Next: at Northwestern.