The Big Ten Network and Dish have made up. The network will be back on the satellite provider today.
Here’s a statement from BTN:
Big Ten Network (BTN) and Dish have reached an agreement that returns BTN to the Dish channel lineup. We’re pleased that both sides could eventually come together, and we thank fans for their patience.
There you go.
– The Iowa QBs and TEs were just out throwing the ball. It’s windy and chilly here.
Here’s the forecast from KCRG.com (never mind the pirate, I don’t know who CSU is):
That’s Weisman weather.
– Central Michigan specialists out on the field, booting it around.
– OK, unless something weird happened this week, the plan was for sophomore RB Jordan Canzeri to play. He’s just six months off the ACL. You can read desperation into it — although, I think that’s incorrect — or the fact that he’s medically cleared and able to play. Could be that, simple as that.
Could also be Canzeri genuinely want to contribute. This all said, there’s no guarantees for anyone.
– We also should get our first look at freshman RB Michael Malloy. He’s a true freshman. He ran a little in the second scrimmage. He’s listed 180, but weighs more than 200. Don’t know what to expect here. Let’s see how it goes. Iowa running back is incredibly interesting. That or the 2009-10 teams will be my book. Malloy is wearing No. 26.
– Mike Meyer and Marshall Koehn just booted 40 yarders with the wind. I saw absolutely no difference in their kicks.
– This might end up being the strongest wind since Indiana ’09, according to Brendan Stiles.
– Freshman WR Tevaun Smith out with the kick returners. Probably still redshirting, but take note.
– RB Greg Garmon is in uniform. Right elbow is wrapped and braced. He was high-fiving with that hand, so there’s that.
– KF on the radio: RB Damon Bullock is out today and their hopeful on him for next week when Iowa starts Big Ten play against Minnesota. Bullock suffered a concussion last week.
– Wind is strong out of the north. Not as whippy on the field, but the flags above Kinnick are straight.
– Garmon did practice this week. Raise your hand if you thought he’d be out there after seeing his elbow walking off the field last week.
No hands. Running backs have to be tough and Garmon now has shown that.
– Sounds like plans have changed with Canzeri. Sounds like a no-go today.
The RBs in the run-up went Mark Weisman then Malloy then Garmon.
True freshman Tevaun Smith ran with the No. 2s. Is he in the mix? It looks probable a redshirt comes off there today. Keep an eye out.
– Team to the lockerroom. 25 minutes to kick off.
– Green for Greenwood is trickling into Kinnick. It’s a pretty good turnout. I’d say maybe 10-15 percent, which isn’t a bad deal for a completely organic movement.
God bless, Brett.
– Ed Podolak: Malloy needs playing time. As the season goes on, they will need all the running backs. Weisman needs to see the game as a tailback. Show some patience. Need to see more TE in passing game. Kickers and punters will be challenged with the wind. They will have to concentrate on the basics. Defense needs to start faster. The key on top is momentum, start, no turnovers. Need to play a lot of players today.
OK, on to the game. I just know on DirecTV it’s 611, an alternate BTN channel.
Comments are closed.