I’m not going to brag, but — of course, I am. Old Mike had Alabama No. 1 on his preseason Top 25 just like he did last year.
And looky, looky. Alabama mauled Michigan.
That said, heed the following advice:
Now, on with the ballot:
5. Florida State — Nice schedule, opening with a 69-3 win over Murray State and playing Savannah State this week.
9. Michigan State
12. Oklahoma State — Beat Savannah State, 84-0, and held the score down. Seriously.
13. South Carolina
14. West Virginia
16. Ohio State
19. Notre Dame — Went to Dublin, told everyone they were the Fighting Irish. Gutsy.
22. Virginia Tech
23. Central Florida
24. Ohio — If the Bobcats win out and everything else breaks right, they’ll still end up at the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
25. Michigan — I put the Wolverines on my ballot only because it scheduled Alabama. Next year, they play at Connecticut. Seems safer.
Now, for the poll itself with all 60 people chiming in: