- Earnings reports scheduled for release include Heartland Financial, Texas Roadhouse, Martha Stewart Living, Seagate Technology, Diebold, Flowserve, HCA Holdings, NewMarket Corp., Herbalife and Loews.
- U.S. Commerce Department will release personal income and spending for June.
- U.S. Labor Department will report the second-quarter employment cost index
- Standard & Poor’s will release its S&P/Case-Shiller index of home prices for May
- Federal Reserve policymakers will meet to set interest rates.
- The Conference Board will unveil its Consumer Confidence Index for July.
- Earnings reports scheduled for release include Archer Daniels Midland as well as Con-Way, Revlon, Denny’s, Goodyear Tire, Pfizer, Dream Works Animation, BP PLC, Peets Coffee, Allstate, ITC Holdings, Pap Johns, Anheuser-Busch and Aetna.
- Earnings reports scheduled for release include HSN (Home Shopping Network), Harley-Davidson, Hyatt Hotels, Owens Corning, Marathon Oil, Comcast, Caribou Coffee, Weight Watchers, SPX Corp., Time Warner, MetLife, Burger King, Avon Products, Prudential Financial, MasterCard, Phillips 66 and Avis.
- Earnings reports scheduled for release include Sally Beauty, Unilever, Parker Hannifin, Pitney Bowes, Kraft Foods, General Motors, DirecTV, Lear, Sony, LinkedIn, Sunoco, Cigna Corp. and Kellogg.
- Earnings reports scheduled for release include Alliant Energy as well as Viacom and Procter & Gamble.
Source: Associated Press and other media sources