We’ve done the Iowa football coaches salaries here very recently.
This link shows all the moves made during the Kirk Ferentz era at Iowa up until the makeover last winter.
When I was on vacation last week, I had a FOIA on coaches salaries come through (it took awhile, but got it). It was something that’s already been out there on this blog, but here’s the updated salaries for Iowa’s assistant coaches:
Linebackers coach LeVar Woods $187,000
Offensive coordinator Greg Davis $300,000
O-line coach Brian Ferentz $202,400
In addition, Phil Parker’s salary was increased to $301,000.
The latest figures for the other assistants:
Erik Campbell, $250,560
Lester Erb, $244,080
Eric Johnson, $182,520
Reese Morgan, $248,400
Darrell Wilson, $244,080
The Lansing (Mich.) State Journal’s Joe Rexrode chronicled the major raises a few members of the Michigan State coaching staff received this offseason. (MSU D coordinator Pat Narduzzi went from $233,000 to $500,000 a year, a $267,000. It’s market. He was a legit head coaching prospect this last offseason.)
In this post, Joe (name of his blog is “Hey Joe!”) collects and examines the football salaries for the public institutions in the Big Ten, from head coach through all nine assistants. This is pre-bonus stuff. Northwestern, being private, didn’t cough up its records. Penn State didn’t either, clinging to the non-transparency policies that have served them oh so well these many years. (Meanwhile, the jury selection in the Jerry Sandusky case is underway this week. Penn State still seems to want to work under a shroud. Dumb move.)
Iowa stuff from Joe’s post:
– Kirk Ferentz is No. 2 in the Big Ten ($3.87 million) just behind Ohio State’s Urban Meyer ($4 mill).
– As far as total football compensation goes, Ohio State is No. 1 ($7.22 million) and Iowa is No. 2 $6.035 million).
– At $300,000, Greg Davis is ninth-highest OC.
– At $301,000, Phil Parker is seventh DC. (Even with that giant raise, Narduzzi is still only No. 3, behind OSU’s Luke Fickell and Michigan’s Greg Mattison.
– Iowa assistants clock in at $2.16 million, which is fifth in the Big Ten, just behind MSU ($2.18) and ahead of Nebraska ($2.13).
Give the link a click. Good stuff from Hey Joe!