Mercy Medical Center (Mercy) and MercyCare Community Physicians (MercyCare) are launching a Facebook campaign to help raise money for HACAP’s Freedom from Hunger food drive. Beginning today, Mercy and MercyCare will each donate $1 to the Freedom from Hunger food drive for each “Like” either organization receives on their respective Facebook pages, through July 4.
To participate, visit one of Mercy’s two Facebook pages or one of MercyCare’s nine clinic Facebook pages and click the “Like” button at the top of the page. (See list below for specific URLs.) Participants can “Like” multiple pages, which will increase the total amount the organizations donate to Freedom from Hunger.
Freedom from Hunger, now in its 10th year, benefits the HACAP Food Reservoir, which serves 98 organizations throughout Eastern Iowa. The HACAP Food Reservoir is a member of Feeding America, the nation’s leading hunger-relief charity, and distributes approximately 1.4 million pounds of food each year. Just one dollar enables HACAP to buy 8.3 pounds of food for local families.
Mercy Medical Center Facebook Pages:
• www.facebook.com/MercyCedarRapids – Hospital
• www.facebook.com/HallPerrineCancerCenter – Hall-Perrine Cancer Center
MercyCare Community Physicians Facebook Pages:
• www.facebook.com/MercyCareMV – MercyCare Mount Vernon
• www.facebook.com/MercyCareSouth – MercyCare South
• www.facebook.com/MercyCareNorth – MercyCare North
• www.facebook.com/MercyCareVV – MercyCare Vernon Village
• www.facebook.com/MercyCareMarion – MercyCare Marion & Marion Urgent Care
• www.facebook.com/MercyCareEdgewood – MercyCare Edgewood
• www.facebook.com/MercyCareNorthLiberty – MercyCare North Liberty