An investigation is under way after Dubuque emergency crews responded to a fire caused by meth-making materials on the campus of Loras College.
Firefighters were called to the Lynch-McCarthy apartments on West 16th Street in Dubuque at about 3 a.m. Wednesday, when sprinklers were set off due to a small fire in the building.
The fire department determined the cause to be the manufacturing of meth in a common area bathroom. The scene was contained immediately, and no one was injured.
The college said residents were present in the apartment complex at the time, and students near the area of the incident were evacuated while the fire department took care of the fire.
The college said the person believed to be responsible for the meth lab was not a student, but a guest on campus.
No other details have been released.[mqMap key="7rCn" width="485" height="420" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?icid=mqdist_mb_wp&c=7rCn&maptype=map&zm=14&cr=42.50636099999999,-90.674238&projection=sm&showScale=false"]My New Map[/mqMap]