– Rumors on RB Adam Robinson and the health of his shoulder are running rampant. I just know what I reported all week — wearing a harness on his left shoulder, wore a red “no-contact” jersey in practice. If I hear anything else, I’ll report it, but that’s all I know on the subject as of 5:50 p.m. Eastern. Is it his ankle? Remember, he had the high-ankle sprain and then reaggravated it in the Minnesota game. Could that be lingering?
– Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi has said all week his ankle is fine. Kirk Ferentz has said all week his ankle is fine. Will it slow him in any way, we don’t know. Iowa is a heavy play-action pass team. The QB needs some mobility for that to work. We’ll see.
– Lots of Iowa fans in the lot, but more GT fans than I’ve seen all week. Kind of surprised by that.
– Remember, Ohio State beat Iowa because it rushed for 225 or so yards. That’s a losing number tonight for Iowa, especially with a QB who’s coming back after a month or so off.
– The official kickoff is 7:21 Iowa. The Hawkeyes will be in home black.
– From WR Trey Stross’ Facebook page: “Injured, but watch anyway. Go Hawks!” No surprise if he doesn’t play. He’s been slowed all December with a knee injury. He didn’t practice much if at all this week. He wore a sleeve on his left knee and ended the week in a knee brace that O-linemen wear.
– Stadium lights are on. Georgia Tech has arrived.
– Tech on the field. White jerseys.
– Ricky Stanzi on the field and throwing the ball.
– Iowa specialists haven taken the field. Let’s watch how far Murray practices field goals. It’s pretty windy out there. I’ll get the official report before kick.
– Tech skill players come out to a rain of boos from Iowa fans. So far, this is a blackout.
– Orange Bowl officials estimated 30,000 Iowa fans would be at Land Shark Stadium tonight with 15,000 from Tech.
– Murray from 43 . . . wide left. That was into the wind. Murray from 42 . . . again wide left. That was from the middle.
– Iowa skill players on the field and Adam Robinson is among them — WITHOUT a shoulder harness. Brandon Wegher also out there. No Trey Stross.
– This is the coldest Orange Bowl. The previous was 57 degrees.
– Stross is on the field. He’s out there cutting with a brace on. He his injured, but he’s dressed.
– Iowa linemen out. I’ll post what I see when they go team.
– Iowa sold 15,000 tickets out of 17,500 allotment.
– Defensive coordinator Norm Parker will coach from the pressbox tonight.
– Calloway at right guard and Reiff at right tackle. ARob in as starter.
– Going to chat now.