Well, well, well. The Hlastradamus that centuries of football handicappers have come to know and fear is back.
The Mighty H was 3-2 last week. Nothing to gloat about, perhaps, but 3-2 every week will let you go everywhere you want to go in this world. Except North Korea. Their ruler is funny about uninvited guests showing up.
Anyhow, here are five picks this week to make your Saturday night festive.
1. Iowa -21. 5 vs. Arkansas State. It’s a lot of points. But it’s a visiting team that lost by 28 at Nebraska three weeks ago. It’s an Iowa offense that will get a little fluidity, a little functionality this week. If not, the defense will just score three touchdowns.
2. Washington +12 at Notre Dame. I don’t know why. It’s just so.
3. Navy -2.5 vs. Air Force. Navy got toughened up playing at Ohio State and Pitt.
4. Miami +8.5 vs. Oklahoma. Miami’s emotion will offset Oklahoma’s talent when it comes to the pointspread. The ‘Canes got pulverized at OU last year.
5. Northwestern +7.5 at Purdue. The lock of the week. Well, “lock” seems a bit overstated.